Monday, November 2, 2015

week 3. maths task.

I am blogging this because it was so hard that it is number 1 for hardest maths task.

We are learning about  Mass and capacity (measuring). It is the hardest because you have to work out really hard tasks and you were not allowed to use a calculator and you had to show your workings. 

It took me a long time to finish this task and I got some of them right which made me feel good. 

Next time with a task like this I would ask Mr Moriarty more questions because I only sort of understood it. 

I am glad that I finished it  and Maths is still my favourite learning task. 





WALT What Counts In Solving A Maths Problem
(A process Learning Intention)
Criteria
Details
READ IT
Understand the Problem
  • Read the problem. Highlight the key information. Work out  all parts of the problem?
  • Do I know what to do? Talk it through to understand it better
THINK IT
Make a plan
  • What strategies could I use? diagram, chart, what operation, bar model?
  • Can I think of similar problems that I have worked on?
  • Discuss strategies with a buddy
SOLVE IT
Carry out the plan
  • Apply the strategy, show your working
  • Check my work and ask yourself is my answer reasonable
EXPLAIN IT
Communicate the solution
  • Answer the question
  • Tell, show write - how you got your answer
  • Evaluate - reflect on your outcome


WALA mass and capacity (measuring)
HOW MANY BISCUITS?


Gladstone School bought 200 cartons of biscuits to sell for fundraising. Each carton contained 15 kg of biscuits.
Each packet of biscuits in a carton weighed 250 g.
(1000 g = 1 kg)
a) How many kg of biscuits were there to sell? 3000 kg
  • 200 times 15 = 3000
  • 200 times 10 = 2000  
  • 2000 times 5 = 1000  
  • 2000 + 1000


  3 times 4 = 12                              250
                                                      250
                                                      250
                                                      250
3000 times 4 = 12,000
b) How many packets of biscuits were there? 12,000 packets


No comments:

Post a Comment